Monday, October 20, 2008

Josh Smith : Introducing a new XamDataGrid Behavior: DisplayAdorningEditors

Master-Details datagrid with a twist.

Introduction

In my previous post on this blog, I showed how to display an extra field of data in the adorner layer, instead of putting it into a XamDataGrid cell.  Since writing that post, I have spent the entire weekend blissfully working on and expanding that core concept.  I managed to extract all of the plumbing code that hosts an editor in the adorner layer into a reusable class.  I also vastly enhanced and thoroughly tested this functionality.  In this blog post, I am proud to present the fruit of my labor: a new behavior for XamDataGrid called ‘DisplayAdorningEditors’.

Josh Smith : Introducing a new XamDataGrid Behavior: DisplayAdorningEditors

No comments: